“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”
Sometimes the simplest things in life have the greatest impact and the most lasting effects. Kindness is one of those gestures which never gets old and changes everything for you and someone else.
Kindness is simple
Kindness is necessary
Acts of kindness are small little miracles whether deliberate or randomly spread with small acts here and there. The effects are the same and become reciprocal. Kindness offers much in good times and bad. It never goes out of style and it doesn’t have to cost a penny!
Some gestures to consider:
• Smile at everyone you meet
• Make someone laugh
• Open and hold the door for the person behind you
• Write a letter to a friend or loved one
• Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while
• Buy a cup of coffee for someone
• Invite a friend for lunch at your home or take them out for lunch
• Visit a nursing home
• Give a larger tip
• Buy bagels or donuts for your co-workers
• Take in the garbage cans for your neighbor on pick-up day.
I’m sure you get the idea and can come up with many more gestures yourself. Kindness benefits everyone. Helping another person ricochets back to you bigger and brighter with each action taken, however small.
Every person out there has something. We need to turn up our kindness meters often and always.
May kindness find you and may you give kindness to everyone around you.
Marie L Morra says
Thanks for this ….
Mary McCann says
My pleasure, Marie. I hope all is well with you and 2023 is off to a great start.